Saturday, August 8, 2009

And so it goes.

I always liked it when Linda Ellerbee closed her news show with that line from Vonnegut. It carries a certain worldliness, a world-weariness, in that not a lot seems to change, life keeps on keepin' on, and not much changes in the windows.

And so I thought what better way to OPEN a blog than with that closing. If you are familiar with the old Ed Yourdon Y2K - Timebomb2000 web universe then you know more about me than I might be willing to share to someone who is meeting me for the very first time.

If not, then (I have to be careful about how much I uncloak, because, like a fan-dancer, the idea is to SUGGEST rather than to SHOW) I'll try to introduce myself.


I'm a late-50's married guy, married to the most delightful creature that ever happened into MY universe, who inexplicably decided to stay for the ride. 35 years ago this Labor Day Weekend (yeah it moves but we celebrate Labor Day Weekend) she decided to let me make an honest man of myself, and marry, after 8 months of cohabitation. (Marginal note, I use these words in conversation but LOTS of my friends often head for the dictionary while I'm there...never met a $3 word that could be replaced by any number of $.25 words.) We married to reap the cornucopial benefits for a student with a wife and for a student's wife.

The benes were over-rated. Don't get me wrong, the FAMILIAL benes were FANTASTIC (and still are) but the benes from the school etc were, well, WAY overrated.

2 years later we were in VaBch, VA, 2 years later we were in Potsdam again, knockin' on the door for an MBA. Two years later we landed here in Cleveland. Fast forward 2 weeks shy of 30 years, we are getting ready to shake the dust of this town from our sandals and hit the The Road.
(PLEASE GOD, not Cormac's road.)

But enough looking back, I don't like to do that much any more, even though I do it so well.

FORWARD!!!

ONWARD!!!

We're about to turn the Page on our Cleveland Chapter and embark on our next Great Adventure, Livin' on the Road. We now own a 34 ft Georgie-Boy Class A RV, are outfitting it, and are preparing for the Fulltiming Life.


While this blog is going to be about that Life, it is ALSO going to be about where I stand in the coming Good Fight for our Republic.

So, having JUST decided to embark into that Life, instead of the couch-potato wussie life I'm in now (ROFL) I have decided in the heights (or depths) of my arrogance to share that journey, from curb, clinging inner-ring subburbanite, to Fulltime RV'r.

Hang around and I'll filll in a LOT of the blanks I defined up yonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment